Pieces of Interest from COMP week of June 18-COMP Student wins CRPA Contest/IOMP Winners (includes Canadians)!/App that helps with MRI Anxiety/SNMMI Collaboration Initiative
Published by Mara Juneau
Published on June 18, 2018
- COMP's own Humza Nusrat wins CRPA's Anthony J. MacKay Student Paper Award! More details on Humza's work and the contest here.
- An award winning app is helping to prepare children in Northern Scotland for the MRI process, making it less unknown and scary. Check it out here.
- SNMMI is launching an effort to drive more collaboration in the corporate world. Read more about the Value Initiative Industry Alliance here.
- IOMP held their conference in Prague and Canadians certainly represented! Congratulations to Iymad Mansour, NRC Ottawa for the Young Investigator Award and Svetlana Kuznetsova, University of Calgary for the Best Presentation Award.
- The recipient of the 2018 Marie Sklodowska-Curie Award is Professor Ng Kwan Hoong of the Department of Biomedical Imaging within the Faculty of Medicine at the University of Malaya. Read more at Asian Scientist Magazine.